How do I pick a water treatment system that best suits my application?
You can start sizing the system by asking these questions:
- How much water do you need to treat in 24 hrs?
- Do you discharge to sewer or will you recycle the water?
- What will you remove from the wastewater?
SEE offers several water treatment systems to meet your needs.
- Biological (BIO) Treatment Series can be used either as a discharge or closed loop system. Microbes consume constituents in the wastewater turning them into carbon dioxide and water.
- Mechanical Filtration (WLP & WCP) Series uses sand filtration to remove particulates down to 25 microns. A cartridge filter may be added to filter to 30 microns.
- Water/Oil Separator (WOS & WCL) Series uses oil attracting (oleophilic) media that separates the oil and floats it to the surface where an oil skimmer sends the oil to a decanter for easy removal.
- Electro-Coagulation Flocculation (ECF) uses aluminum rods along with electricity. The electricity passes between the rods and contaminates in the water are charged and coagulate with the free metal ions from a sacrificial anode, thus neutralizing the contaminates in the waste stream. This system is used in applications where metal removal is needed.