Can I install an air compressor in an outside location?
No, this is not recommended as the compressor unit must not come in direct contact with the elements. The best practice is to either put a lean-to over the unit or install it in a small building. If installed under a lean-to, we recommend a TEFC motor and NEMA 12 electrical enclosures. Also, when necessary cold weather protection for the oil and other lubricants is recommended.
Other Frequently Asked Questions About Air Compressors:
- What are the advantages of using compressed air vs. other power sources?
- Does a new compressor have to be broken in?
- What size of air compressor do I need?
- How much air pressure do I need?
- What is CFM and PSI and which is more important?
- What is the difference between single and two stage pumps?
- Can I install the air compressor anywhere in my facility?
- How do I use compressed air that is stored at a higher pressure for my lower air pressure needs?
- Why does my compressor run when I am not working or using compressed air?
- Can you store more air at higher air pressures?
- Can I use PVC piping for my discharge air piping?
- What type of oil should I use in the reciprocating compressor?
- How do I automatically drain water out of my tank?
- How often should we change the oil?
- Can you tell me about the different options you offer for air compressors?