Why does my compressor run when I am not working or using compressed air?
There are a couple of things that could cause this:
- The compressor may be running to pump the tank up to set the cut out air pressure rating. IE 175 PSIG.
- The compressor controls may be set for continuous run operation where the compressor will unload but not shut down. Change the switch control for a start stop operation cycle.
- The pressure switch may be bad and needs to be replaced, repaired or adjusted.
- There may be air system leaks that are creating an artificial demand for air and the air compressor is trying to overcome the air pressure loss caused by leaks.
Other Frequently Asked Questions About Air Compressors:
- What are the advantages of using compressed air vs. other power sources?
- Does a new compressor have to be broken in?
- What size of air compressor do I need?
- How much air pressure do I need?
- What is CFM and PSI and which is more important?
- What is the difference between single and two stage pumps?
- Can I install the air compressor anywhere in my facility?
- Can I install an air compressor in an outside location?
- How do I use compressed air that is stored at a higher pressure for my lower air pressure needs?
- Can you store more air at higher air pressures?
- Can I use PVC piping for my discharge air piping?
- What type of oil should I use in the reciprocating compressor?
- How do I automatically drain water out of my tank?
- How often should we change the oil?
- Can you tell me about the different options you offer for air compressors?