What type of oil should I use in the reciprocating compressor?
We recommend using non detergent oils that has been formulated for use in reciprocating compressors. DO NOT USE DETERGENT OILS in the compressor. The detergent oils will foam and cause excessive oil carryover past the piston rings and will not provide the required lubricity for the moving parts.
Other Frequently Asked Questions About Air Compressors:
- What are the advantages of using compressed air vs. other power sources?
- Does a new compressor have to be broken in?
- What size of air compressor do I need?
- How much air pressure do I need?
- What is CFM and PSI and which is more important?
- What is the difference between single and two stage pumps?
- Can I install the air compressor anywhere in my facility?
- Can I install an air compressor in an outside location?
- How do I use compressed air that is stored at a higher pressure for my lower air pressure needs?
- Why does my compressor run when I am not working or using compressed air?
- Can you store more air at higher air pressures?
- Can I use PVC piping for my discharge air piping?
- How do I automatically drain water out of my tank?
- How often should we change the oil?
- Can you tell me about the different options you offer for air compressors?