Can I install an air compressor anywhere in my facility?
Can I use PVC piping for my discharge air piping?
No, this is not up to the approved code for compressed air systems. The PVC is an oil based product and it does not react properly to heat, vibrations and oil vapor that is carried in the air compressor discharge air. The PVC is prone to bursting under the normal air pressure and unit operations. Consult your local building inspector for piping recommendations.
Other Frequently Asked Questions About Air Compressors:
- What are the advantages of using compressed air vs. other power sources?
- Does a new compressor have to be broken in?
- What size of air compressor do I need?
- How much air pressure do I need?
- What is CFM and PSI and which is more important?
- What is the difference between single and two stage pumps?
- Can I install the air compressor anywhere in my facility?
- Can I install an air compressor in an outside location?
- How do I use compressed air that is stored at a higher pressure for my lower air pressure needs?
- Why does my compressor run when I am not working or using compressed air?
- Can you store more air at higher air pressures?
- What type of oil should I use in the reciprocating compressor?
- How do I automatically drain water out of my tank?
- How often should we change the oil?
- Can you tell me about the different options you offer for air compressors?